SRC sees ethical trading as a priority and is actively involved in controlling crime within the metal recycling industry. We pride ourselves on having a zero tolerance policy with regards to trading suspicious or stolen scrap metal.
With this being said, SRC has implemented the following measures:
- Our metal scrap yard is SAPS certified for “dealer” and “recycler” activities, in terms of the SHGA.
- SRC has been a member of the Metal Recyclers Association of SA (MRA) for many years now, which is a SAPS accredited organisation.
- Scrap metal valuations are conducted by mass measurement by on-site certified scale equipment.
- All physical transactions are recorded photographically for future reference
- All registered entities selling scrap metal must be able to provide proof of current SARS registration, valid tax invoices and bank details for receipt of EFT payments.
- Parties selling scrap metal arising from contracts with state utilities, are required to substantiate the authority governing any related scrap metal disposals.
- Other recycler / dealer suppliers must provide proof of SARS and SAPS registration.
- Consumer / foundries are screened for legislative compliance prior to the establishment of a trading account with the company
- Individuals must present valid identification, address, telephone and vehicle registration details.
- Cash payments are restricted to a pre-determined maximum value, after which settlement defaults to EFT (or cheque) payment.
- The company is actively involved within SAPS regional second hand goods forum.
NEED YOUR SRAP REMOVED?